Beskrivning: Beskrivning: Beskrivning: Beskrivning: Beskrivning: Beskrivning: rblogo2färg3 

 

Arboga Robotmuseum

RM8 Afterburner

Robothistoriska Föreningen i Arboga

Webansvarig

Sidan uppdaterad: 2012-07-31 13:15

Start

Missile

Engine

Radar

Simulators

 

Engines and components

 

Turbo Jet Engines

 

RM1, de Havilland Goblin II

 

RM6B, Rolls-Royce Avon

 

RM9B, Turbomeca Aubisque

 

RM8A, Volvo Aero ( P&W JT8D-22)

 

RM8, Afterburner (Volvo Aero)

 

Turbo Shaft Engines

 

GT1A/B, Rolls-Royce Proteus

 

GT1A/B, Compressor Assembly

 

TM2B, Rolls-Royce Gnome

 

GT5, Motoren und Turbinen Union 6022

  

TAM4 Allison 250-C20

 

Piston Engines

 

LY1 Lycoming 0-435-A

 

 

RM8 Afterburner

 

 

Technical data

 

This type of afterburner is developed by Volvo Aero and performs in a gradually manner ignition in 3 steps called zone 1, 2 and 3. The afterburners outlet area is also controlled as required.

 

An afterburner increases the thrust of a by- pass turbo jet engine up to 80 percent and fuel consumption up to two thirds.

 

Since only 25 percent of the air flow, which passes through a by- pass engine, is used for burning of the fuel in the Gas Generator, will the remaining 75 percent of the air flow  be used for further burning of the fuel in the afterburner.

 

Engine Type: Afterburner for Turbo Jet Engine RM8A/B

Diameter: 53,1 inch

Length: 110,2 inch

Exhaust gas temperature: 1112 degrees Fahrenheit

Weight: 727 lb

 

 

 

Beskrivning: Beskrivning: Beskrivning: Beskrivning: Beskrivning: Beskrivning: viggen_03[1]

A/C 37 Viggen